We acknowledge and respect the privacy of our customers’ personal information. Interior Secrets (“we”, “our”, “us”) is committed to protecting your privacy and personal information because of our legal and ethical commitment in accordance with the National Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988. Most importantly, we know that you care about how your personal information may be used and shared. Interior Secrets will not sell, rent, share or otherwise disclose your personal information in violation of these commitments.
Personal information collected
- The types of individually identifiable personal information we collect, whether that is in person, by telephone, e-mail communication, internet or social media may include information about your:
Personal details: such as your name, age, roles, and residential and/ or delivery addresses associated with your order or account
Contact details and means of communication: such as an e-mail and telephone numbers
Valid identification: such as a driver’s license or passport to prevent fraudulent activity and unsanctioned purchases
Payment and transaction history: such as information of the products and services you purchase from us and the payment method, and credit/ debit card details you use for the transaction
Messages to us or between users: such as messages you send us in e-mails or written correspondences
Collection of personal information
- We collect personal information from you when you voluntarily submit information directly to us or via our platforms. Instances when we may collect your information, but not limited to, are when you:
- Purchase product(s) from our website
- Create an account on our website
- Contact us for a quote or inquiry via telephone, e-mail, in-person, and/ or Interior Secrets’ website messaging system
- Engage with our website and social networking services, such as Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Houzz
- Subscribe to the Interior Secrets mailing list
- Comment and share an opinion on our products
- Apply for a job or internship
Storage and security of personal information
- The personal information provided by you may be held in electronic records and hard copy, permitting lawful access only to Interior Secrets company employees, contracted third party service providers or government bodies and law enforcement agencies to perform and fulfil their functions
- We take reasonable steps in circumstances to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss; and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure by unapproved persons
- Interior Secrets is certified with GeoTrust Trade, assuring you that you are shopping with an accredited and trusted provided. We secure and encrypt sensitive personal information (i.e. your name, contact details, residential and delivery address, credit card numbers) with strong SSL 128-bit technology
- To know if the personal information you are entering or providing is secure, please look at the address bar in your browser. If the URL begins with http:// then you are on a secure page.
Purposes of collecting, holding, using and disclosing personal information
- We collect personal information provided by you to the necessary extent to fulfil one or more of our functions and activities within fair and reasonable means. We collect your personal information so that we can carry out the following actions (“purposes”):
- to provide you with products and services that you have requested from us
- to communicate with you, including about product and services, competition results, special offers, and events which might interest you
- to answer your questions and provide you with information or advice
- to create and process orders, transaction records, agreements for the sale of products or services, accounts, tax invoices or receipts
- to provide your personal information to third parties that assist us and perform functions on our behalf, such as delivery service couriers and warranty repairs (in and/ or out of warranty periods)
- to consider and respond to comments or complaints made by you
- to comply with laws or regulations or to comply with any directions given by regulators or authorities
- to carry out administration, marketing, supplying, planning, fraud and loss prevention activities, product and service development, quality control and research to improve the way Interior Secrets and service providers provide products and services to you
- Occasionally, you may be asked to provide valid identification to confirm the delivery address or to verify payment details when you opt to pay via credit card. This information is solely used to prevent unauthorised and fraudulent transactions and is not stored in our system for any other purpose.
Marketing and advertising
E-mail marketing: we may contact you with promotional information and/ or commercial electronic messages (“marketing e-mails”) about our products and services that we think you may be interested in when you subscribe to your mailing list. If you wish to unsubscribe from receiving any of our marketing e-mails, please visit the “My Account” section to update your preferences. You may also unsubscribe from our marketing e-mails by following the prompts at the end of the e-mails we send to you.
E-mail notifications: we may send you e-mail notifications in relation to your order(s), product(s), or change(s) to the services we provide.
Advertising: we may show you advertisements or promotional posts to you on our website or social networking services, such as Facebook or Instagram, based on your browsing history and/ or behaviour. To do this, we may collect personal information about how you use our website or social networking services, such as web pages, contents and ads you interact with, visit, or view. Other information collected may include your IP location of the device you connect to our website or the e-mail you provide to us or platform. We may use the information that is collected to ensure adverts you see either on the website, social networking services or other apps (where we have advertising space) are relevant to you.
Disclosure of personal information
Our suppliers: we may share your personal information with the suppliers of the products sold on our website. This is only done to facilitate the delivery of the product(s) or request custom-made product(s) you purchased. This would generally include delivery address, recipient’s name, order, and contact details if necessary
Our logistic partners/ third party service providers: we may occasionally employ other agencies, companies or individuals to perform functions on our behalf e.g. a third party repairer to provide warranty repair. In such cases, we may disclose personal information to enable these companies or individuals to fulfil their function
Our billing and security partners: we may share some of your personal information with our billing and security partners in order to ensure that your payment is processed smoothly
Federal or state police authorities: we may be authorised or required by law to provide your personal information to government bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies and other parties as permitted by the Privacy Act 1988.
Access to and correction of personal information
- Under the National Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988, you are entitled to request and gain access to your personal information and ask us to provide you with the details of the personal information we hold about you.
- You can update or correct your personal information anytime by accessing your account on the website or by contacting our service team at (03) 8353 2319 or at email@example.com.
- If you wish for your personal information to be removed from our database and records, please contact us via e-mail or telephone and we will promptly action your request.
Third party sites
Breach of privacy complaint
- Cookies are used when you visit and interact with our website. It is software that enables us to operate an efficient service and track the browsing behaviours of visitors to the website. You can modify the settings on your device and/ or browser to prevent cookie use. Please note that by disabling cookies, your user experience may be affected and you might not be able to view and take advantage of certain functions of our website.