The latest trend in furniture is spending less and getting a high-quality product in return. A lot of people prefer self-assembly furniture as it is affordable and more mainstream than in years past. Fully assembled furniture is also popular with many as it removes the hassle of following step-by-step instructions. Both types of furniture can be bought from any geographical location and shipped directly to your home. When choosing between the two, it is important to know the pros and cons of each.
Self- Assembly Furniture
1) Self-assembly furniture is convenient and cost-effective. These days, more manufacturers are selling quality furniture made of sturdy materials.
2) Self-assembly furniture is easier to ship as compared to fully assembled furniture. It is also more compact and you can fit a large amount into a container as compared to fully assembled furniture.
3) If you live in a high building with narrow passages, it can be hard to maneuver large pieces of furniture. Self-assembly furniture is easy to transport even in confined spaces. It is easy to assemble and comes with a simple installation guide.
1) It can be hard to follow the instructions that come with self-assembly furniture. Some small pieces may also get lost during the assembly process.
2) At times, you get what you pay for. Cheap self-assembly furniture may be less sturdy and cost you more in the long run.
Fully Assembled Furniture
1) Fully assembled furniture has aesthetic appeal. It is more pleasing to the eye as it is made by experienced professionals.
2) Fully assembled furniture is more durable than self-assembly furniture and can last a lifetime if well taken care of.
3) In some cases, fully assembled furniture costs less than self-assembly furniture.
1) Fully assembled furniture can get damaged during the shipping process resulting in higher insurance costs. It is also difficult to move through small doorways and narrow stairs.
2) It is occasionally more expensive than self assembly furniture.