When choosing a bedside table, there are several factors to consider:
- Size: The size of the bedside table should be in proportion to the size of the bed and the room. Consider the height of the bedside table in relation to the height of the bed.
- Storage: Consider the storage needs and choose a bedside table with enough drawers or shelves to hold your items.
- Style: Choose a bedside table that complements the decor and style of the room.
- Material: Bedside Tables can be made from a variety of materials such as wood, metal, or glass. Consider the durability and maintenance of the material.
- Price: Bedside Tables come in a range of prices, so consider your budget and choose one that fits within your price range.
- Brand: Consider the brand and quality of the bedside tables, as some are better made than others.
- Functionality: Consider if you want a bedside tables with a pull-out tray, a built-in charging station or a hidden compartment.
- Safety: Make sure the bedside tables is stable and won't tip over easily, especially if you have children or pets.
It's a good idea to measure the space you have available for the bedside table and to compare the measurements of different bedside tables before making a final decision.
How to Style Your Bedside Table
Styling a bedside table can be a fun and easy way to add personality and practicality to your bedroom. A well-styled bedside table can serve as a functional piece of furniture while also adding visual interest to your space. The key to styling a bedside table is to keep it simple, practical, and personal.
Remove everything off your bedside table and start off with a clean surface so you have room to put your decor on.
Less Is More
Firstly, when styling your bedside table, it's important to keep it simple. Choose a few key items to display on your table, such as a lamp, a book, and a vase of flowers. Avoid clutter and over-styling, as this can make your space feel cramped and overwhelming. Instead, choose a few items that complement each other and create a cohesive look. Have fun styling, but don’t go overboard. A bedside table should be functional and easy to access, so avoid overcrowding it with too many items.
Let There Be Light
Make sure you have room for a lamp. Lighting is an important aspect of styling a bedside table. Having a lamp on your table will not only provide a practical source of light for reading or other tasks, but it can also add visual interest and create a warm ambiance in your bedroom. You can choose a lamp with a unique design or a statement-making lampshade to add an extra touch of style to your bedside table.
When choosing a lamp, there are several factors to consider:
- Purpose: Consider the purpose of the lamp, such as task lighting or ambient lighting.
- Size: The size of the lamp should be in proportion to the size of the room and the furniture around it.
- Style: Choose a lamp that complements the decor and style of the room.
- Lampshade: The lampshade can affect the overall look of the lamp and the amount of light it provides. Consider the shape, size, and material of the lampshade.
Personal and Practical
Next, add a personal touch to your bedside table by using items that have sentimental value, such as a photo frame or a trinket box. These items will make your space feel more like home and add a touch of personality to your bedroom. Personal items on your bedside table will also serve as a reminder of special memories or loved ones. However, it is also important to make sure the items you choose are practical and useful, such as a clock, a charging station, or a book to read before sleep. Moreover, you can use a tray to organize items such as a book, phone, and glass of water and keep them from getting scattered around.
This way, your bedside table will not only look great but also serve its purpose of providing convenience for everyday use. For example, a charging station on your bedside table will ensure that your phone or tablet is always charged and ready to go, while a clock will allow you to keep track of time without having to reach over to your phone.
Experimenting with different textures, such as a smooth glass lamp, a woven basket, or a plush throw blanket can add depth and interest to your table styling. Textures can bring a sense of warmth and coziness to your bedroom, and also help to break up any monotony in your design. For example, if you have a lot of smooth, sleek surfaces in your room, adding a textured throw blanket to your bedside table can help to create a sense of balance.
Style With Symmetry + Have A Theme
A couple’s bedside table contents don’t have to be identical, but by using symmetrical elements, balance is maintained giving your space a cleaner look.
- Use matching pairs: Use matching pairs of decor items such as vases, candles, or picture frames to create a symmetrical look.
- Use the rule of three: Create a symmetrical display by using the rule of three. For example, use three matching candles or three matching picture frames.
- Use symmetry in your lighting: Use matching lamps or chandeliers on either side of a room to create a symmetrical look.
Remember, symmetry can add balance, harmony, and a sense of order to a room, but don't be afraid to mix it with asymmetry as well.
In conclusion, styling a bedside table can be a fun and easy way to add personality and practicality to your bedroom. Keep it simple, practical, and personal, and don't be afraid to experiment with different themes, heights, and textures to create a space that is both beautiful and functional.