With the summer just around the corner, now is the perfect time to bring colour and life into your home.
If you can’t experiment with colours, shapes and patterns in summer, when can you? We say now is the time to indulge your individuality, both indoors and out. Brighten things up with pops of colour. Experiment with eye-catching lights and homeware accessories. You’ll be amazed at how a few simple changes will lift your home and welcome summer in style.
Here are 7 simple tricks and tips to spruce up your home:
1.Lighten up: Is there anything fresher than seasonal shades of mint green, lemon yellow, turquoise blue, and peachy orange? Bring vibrant new colours into your interior and see your home transform. You don’t need to spend time repainting your walls – anything from pillows and throws to vases and serving dishes will add that burst of colour you’ve been craving. Or why not be bold with a hot pink egg chair?
2. De-clutter: Spring might be the traditional time to clean, but there’s something about the heat of summer that demands extra space and airiness. Go from room to room and get rid of anything that’s simply gathering dust. Be brutal. Trust us, you’ll love the new minimalist summer vibe.
3. All eyes on the floor: You’ll be surprised how a simple change of flooring will give new life to your interior. Roll up your heavy rug and replace it with a lighter one. Be inspired by solid colours and patterns for the summer months; you can always swap it back when the cold months creep in.
4. Let there be light: A new lighting feature will instantly refresh any space without breaking the bank. Be a little bit adventurous and try a new style, shape or colour for your table or floor lamp. Strong design pieces, like tripod floor lamps and over-sized industrial lamps, can be a great conversation starter.
5. Deep reflection: Polished and reflective surfaces bring plenty of light into a room, creating a light and airy appeal. Adding an item of high gloss or glass furniture into your living area will achieve this easily.
6. Head outdoors: The outdoors becomes our go-to place in the summer. So make sure it’s somewhere you, your friends and family will love to spend time in. Is your outdoor settings looking a bit tired? Wicker furniture is the perfect way to get the sophisticated summer vibe happening. Got space to spare? Replica Acapulco chairs are an easy and affordable way to add a burst of colour and energy. And a hanging ball chair will give you somewhere to relax in the shade while creating a dramatic focal feature.
7. Beside the seaside: Don’t overlook smaller spaces, like the laundry and bathroom, when you refresh your home. Simple touches like adding a bowl of seashells and your favourite seaside pictures will create a beachy ambience guaranteed to put a smile on everyone’s face.
Ready to spruce up your home for summer? There’s no time like now!